Monday, July 20, 2009

Sad Day....plus lots of catching up...

being such a good boy for havin shots today! he has bandaids on both his chunky thighs!
Ok so today was a very sad day! Heston had to get his first shots! I thought I would do okay because of all the heel pricks he had when he had jaundice. I made Brad come with me just because I wanted him there and it's a good thing because apparently i'm a baby! Yes, I cried...it was so sad, i had never heard him cry like that before! ugh it was sad....oh but here are his stats: height 24" (85%) weight 12.14 1/2 lbs(77%)

Moving on......yesterday was sunday and it started like any other sunday, wake up feed Heston, get ready for church..yada yada...so after sacrament...i knew i should have run to the mother's lounge to feed Heston, but no, i decide to be chatty....all of a sudden Brother Hall (a member of our bishopric) comes up to me and asks me if i'm willing to speak next sunday! I wanted to say no more than i ever have in my life! I spoke 13 months ago!!! Oh and no, brad doesn't have to speak...he gets to stay with Heston! I think it should be the other way around considering i'm the one with his food inside me!!! ok i know i'm being a baby but I truly hate speaking in sacrament...i'll give a lesson anyday over giving a talk! times like these i wish i were catholic or something so we would always have our preacher up there and i wouldn't have to worry :) just joking but i'm very nervous...it's about service, i've done a little research already and i've found a few things that will really help me put my talk together.




On July 5th We blessed Heston- Brad did a WONDERFUL job, it was a beautiful blessing. We were fortunate enough to have a lot of our family here to take part in the blessing, we did miss those that couldn't be here though! Here are some pics of Heston in his outfit....the sweater is the same one brad wore as a baby. My sister in law Maria is the one that took the really cute photos of Heston in his outfit.


here are all the men that stood in on the blessing
Grandma and Grandpa Berg Grandma and Grandpa McIntyre


I think that's all the big stuff that's been going on....Heston is a good baby and although he's a little fussy we still love him! Last monday night he slept for a solid 8 hrs!!! i couldn't believe it...my boobs were rock hard when he finally woke up....i did wake up once freaked out but when i checked on him he was just snoozin away! Tuesday night he slept for 7 hours straight....now he's back to his usual 6 hour stretch then he eats and sleeps for usually another 3 hours. Not too shabby. Brad is workin hard as usual, he is doing good though and usually gets home between 6-7. He is an awesome dad and i'm so grateful for all his help when he's home! i'm doing well and i'm not going to go back to curves, i had really contemplated it but i love being home with Heston and not having to be somewhere!


Next Monday I will be going on my first big adventure with Heston all by myself! We will be going to visit my Awesome friend Jamie in Idaho Falls! She moved there in september and I miss her lots! So Heston and i will be gone for about 3 days....i'm a little nervous because this will be my first big outing but it should all go well....i will post about it when i get back...in the mean time unless something super crazy happens before then i probably won't be posting again until after my little trip!

Here are some pics from the last month!
Grandma Berg getting Heston to sleep Heston and his friend Brody Sevy
we watch the Bachelorette with Amber and Ross every monday night...thought this pic was hilarious!
lookin cute in their matchin jammies

cute boy!
Heston loves when daddy comes home for lunch!

waiting to leave for g-ma McIntyre's b-day party

wearing daddy's sunglasses

Heston with Grandma and his cousins Bentley and Bridon(i also made the choc. cheesecake you see in the lower corner! yumm)

lovin his Grandpa McIntyre

sorry for the extremely long post! hope you made it through ok!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh i love this! i love the updates. it's fun to see faces i know and recognize from growing up. your little boy is darling and it seems like life is good in the hood, and that makes me so happy for you guys. i wouldn't go back to work either--your baby is far better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's my list of comments:
    1. Heston is getting so big and chunky I love it so much. Poor guy getting his shots:( I'm not surprised that you cried, it would be a sad thing hearing him cry like that.

    2. You talk more in church then anyone else I know...hahaha good luck

    3. Drive safely to Jamie's! that will be fun to hang out with her and have a little vacation with Heston.

    4. Brody and Heston are so darn cute in their matching jammies. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete